Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Countdown to Stony Point!

In 6 days I will be starting my grand adventure in Stony Point for a week of orientation and then continuing onto Glasgow. I have found out that I will be working for Gorbals Parish Church, 20 minutes form the inner city in Glasgow. I will be living with 4 other wonderful volunteers who will be working at other parishes and centers in Glasgow.

I cannot believe how fast the summer has gone and how quickly this has come up. Back in June when I graduated it seemed so far away. Now that it is actually here my nervous feelings are starting to emerge. Over the last few weeks my feelings have gone through waves of excitement and being nervous. Today I am feeling nervous, probably due to my procrastination with packing.

I thought that packing for a three week trip was hard but now the thought of packing for a year is just daunting. Luckily the weather is very similar to Oregon and I know what to wear for living in Oregon. Other than packing I have also been preparing for our orientation. I have been doing personality tests, reflection, and reading the book On Our Way all to prepare!

These last few weeks have also been filled with lots of "goodbyes" and "see you laters." I knew saying goodbye to friends and family would be hard but now that it is happening I have come to appreciate my close friends and family, and all the people that have touched my life in both big and small ways. I am so excited for this next step and even though I am nervous I am also ready to start my post grad life.

So to my friends and family, goodbye for now, see you when I see you, and get ready to read about an adventure of a lifetime!

Blessings,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment